Sunday, January 24, 2010

Easy Sunday

I just got back from watching the Lovely Bones with my Auntie Daisy and her son, Jack. Don't you hate it when you go to a movie based on a book that you read years ago and you can't remember how it's gonna end? Well, that was me tonight. I couldn't remember, for the life of me, how it was going to finish. But I suppose that kept it interesting; and me...awake. I've been having trouble staying awake through well, anything, these days. I think I read the book during my first deployment over 4 years ago and I remember enjoying it. The movie was enjoyable as well, although I don't recommend paying to go see it in the theater (although I do appreciate the fact that I get military discounted seats!). To be honest...I should have gone to see Disney's The Tooth Fairy instead. A cheesy kiddie movie, yes, but I enjoy anything with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in it--who doesn't? There's always next weekend, I suppose.
All in all, it was a great and relaxing Sunday, although I did step out for a moment to go to Sears to purchase a new refrigerator for the new house. Yup, I'm finally settling into my own pad after mooching (my mom specifically called it leeching) off my Auntie Daisy and her family for almost a month. I found a nice, quaint 3-bed 2-bathroom house in East El Paso almost three weeks ago and I was very excited about the fact that it is a new build. The builder, Bart Phillips, has several homes that he rents out in this area, which is a pretty new area itself and is very close to where I work. Not only that, it's close to a fairly new hospital that military personnel have access to; as well as other great new shopping areas. The only setback is that he equips the houses only with stoves and dishwashers. You have to purchase a refrigerator and washer/dryer at your own leisure. Seeing how I left all of my new appliances in our house (for the renters) in Colorado Springs, well, I had to go and get some out of pocket. The price I pay for wanting to live in a new house. But the upside is that I will sell it either to the next tenant, or to someone in El Paso or on Fort Bliss.
Why rent and not just buy a house? Well, i'm not sure that I ever plan to return to El Paso after I PCS from Fort Bliss. Right now, my thought on that is...well, I have no thoughts of staying here in the long term. However, I am thinking about buying another rental property as the population of El Paso is said to triple by 2012 with all the new units coming to Fort Bliss. I'll have to wait on the hubby to come back to help me with that though. He wasn't too thrilled when I went and surprised him by buying a new SUV and not letting him know I until I picked him up at the El Paso airport when he came back for R&R last May. But yes, tomorrow is the day for our household goods drop off! I can't wait to sleep on our own bed for a change!
Okay...time to hit the sack. I do want to say, though, that it's been sorta rough as I have not heard from Malu since early Friday morning. He's in Basra, Iraq and apparently his base is not as built up as other bases in the country. He's living in tents and maybe working out of tents too. He only has internet access at work, but doesn't get much time to surf the net. He's a busy bee. Now that I think about it...this week, my one big task is to put his Valentine's Day package together. Packages are always fun! Please continue to keep him in your prayers...and cross your fingers...maybe he'll call again soon.
Anyway, everyone have a blessed week...last one in January! Where does all the time go?

4 comments:

Mari said...

I know what you mean about staying awake - I can't for the life of me stay up past 9pm. Thanks pregnancy!

Gabe was in Basra living in tents for 15 months, it's really "different" down there! Hope you are able to connect soon.

Sabrina said...

COngrats on your new home :)
I will be praying for Malu!

Thank you for thinking of the Vikings last night. It was a tough loss. ick. :(

Melissa said...

I'm so excited that you're back to blogging regularly! Hope you're enjoying your new place - I bet it's nice! Praying for Malu... and for you with not having him around during your pregnancy!

Misty said...

So great to see you blogging again. And I can't wait to see the belly pics! :)

I just bought a new fridge this weekend too.


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved