Friday, March 18, 2011

Blog Award!

I am so behind on this....about a week ago, Em from Life to Bragg About gave me this Stylish Blogger Award.  I'd recently stumbled upon her blog and I can't remember how.  Just a few things about her:

She's an Army wife--hooah!

She's stationed at Fort Bragg--as I was years ago.

She's gorgeous and extremely fit--so jealous!

She is a fabulous (and healthy) cook!

And she's going to have a baby--how exciting!

So Em, thanks so much for this award!  I'll definitely keep following along on your blog!  As with most blog awards, the Stylish Blogger Award has a few conditions:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.

Done.  See above.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

     1) I'm stealing this one from Em--No one can ever find my veins.  When I was in college, I was denied at the blood donation place because my veins were too small.  In fact, when the medics were trying to confirm that I was pregnant (during my deployment to Iraq--see story here), it took eight of them to draw my blood.  And after every blood draw, I always end up with a massive bruise .  It sucks.

     2) I miss school and would love to go back after I'm done with the Army.  I have an MBA, but would love to pursue either a degree in accounting (become a CPA) or in nursing.  I also secretly (well not anymore, cat's out of the bag now) want to go to culinary school.  Just for fun.

     3)  I want to have another daughter.  A boy would be nice too, but Sina has been so much fun, I can't help but want another girl.  The downside is having to fork the bill for two weddings, but still, they're fun.  And if we do have a girl, I'm thinking that I might name her "Sue Ella"--Malu says the name sounds too Southern Belle-ish.  But I like the name for two reasons--one, suela (pronounced "Sue Ella"), in Samoan, means Jewel.  This would be in honor of Malu's Aunt Jewel who recently passed away.  Second, growing up, my dad always called me "Ella" (for the "elle" part in Michelle) and it always made me feel special.  And Sue Ella would be whole first name, so I'd have to find a good middle name.  And who knows, all this could change as time passes.  And now that I keep repeating the name in my head, maybe it does sound a little too old fashioned.  Maybe "Ella" would do fine.

     4) I'm obsessed with caprese salad these days--tomatoes, mozarella, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Delicious!

     5) For someone who used to jump out of planes, I'm terrified of flying now.  Is it me, or are flights these days just a little too turbulent?  It freaks me out. 

     6) I'm going on a trip to Strasbourg, France tomorrow.  Yay!

     7) I still really want to learn to use a sewing machine.  I think that I could make some really good stuff if I only knew how--stuff that I could sell!

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.

    I haven't really been browsing any new blogs lately, but I'll tag just a few:

     Crispin Chronicles

     Army of Two

     The Patriotic Peacock

4. Contact these Bloggers and tell them about the award! 

     I'll be doing this soon!

Well, I'm off to start my day.  There's a huge Spring Bazaar going on today and I can't wait to go.  I hear they have some Polish Pottery---here I come!

3 comments:

Lindsey S said...

Wow! Can't wait to hear about your trip to France :)

Sabrina said...

I had to go back and read your pregnancy story again! I remember the first time reading it last year and just being so happy for you! And amazed that you were able to get back from Iraq with all the flights being cancelled! Look how far you've come and now you have Sina! So exciting!!! :)
Have fun In France!! I love it there!

Tanya said...

Congratulations!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved