Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Day After Thanksgiving

Black Friday.  Ugh.  I used to be a fan, but in recent years, not so much.  I just can't stand the crowds and the lines.  Germans don't observe Black Friday--at least I didn't hear of any stores being open super early that day for it.  The only place to go here for Black Friday is the PX, so I expected it to be chaotic.  Having grown up in a military family, it was pretty much tradition to go to the midnight madness Black Friday sale, or to wake up at 0400 in the morning and go to the PX in time for it to open at 0600 or so. 

Last Friday, I rolled out of bed around 0730 and took my time getting over to the PX.  After all, the crowds would have died down by then. 

Whatever.

What kind of PX opens at 0900 on Black Friday?

Ours does. 

I had to wait in line for almost an hour and a half.  Even then, the place wasn't as crowded as I'm used to for Black Friday, so it wasn't half bad.  And I got the Nikon D5100 Digital SLR camera that I went there for--on sale.  Merry Christmas to me!

Malu wasn't too happy that I came home with the gift he was supposed to buy for me.  I'm not even asking him to buy me anything else...he can just call it good for the year.  I've been tossing back and forth between the idea of wrapping the camera up and opening it on Christmas or just learning to use the darn thing ASAP.  He's still miffed.  Hey, if he's that bothered, I won't object to him finding me something else :)

I did manage to find some other things too--mostly gifts for Sina and local friends and Christmas decorations.  But the best part of Black Friday was spending a good part of our day outside.  It was a gorgeous day and we took Sina out to the playground.

She just loves the swings!  And swinging with daddy...even better.  We also get a good workout carrying her to the top of the slide repeatedly too.  I did a little climbing :)

That night, I put up a Hello Kitty brand mini Christmas tree in Sina's room, which I know my sister, Rosalynn, would love.  Never, in a zillion years, did I ever think I'd buy a pink Christmas tree.

It even came with mini Hello Kitty ornaments.  Anything for our little girl, I suppose.  All it needs is a strand of lights, which I plan on getting really soon.

I can't remember what we did the rest of Black Friday, but I'm sure it involved a lot of napping in the late afternoon.  We're quite the family of nappers.

Speaking of Christmas trees, we don't have our big one up yet.  I wish we had one of those tree farms nearby so that we could choose and cut our own down.  Still, we haven't made our way over to the OBI (the German version of Home Depot) to buy one.  If we don't get one by this weekend, I might consider not putting one up at all.  Okay, whatever.  We know that won't happen.

Anyhow, it's getting late and we need to get to bed!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, by no means am I pink's biggest fan, but that pink Christmas tree is adorable!

alyssa said...

you go girl for getting a freakin nice camera! you do have a tough decision as to whether or not you should wrap it up :)
and holy pink! that tree is so freakin cute! i think i'll just get one just for me!

Casey said...

Don't tell my husband...but I'm pretty sure he got me the same camera on Black Friday! I've been pining over it and when I saw it was going to be on MEGA sale, I couldn't stop talking about it. Well what do you know, when Black Friday rolled around he got up at 2:30am (thinking that the PX opened at 4am like the ads said) and stood in line till he came home at 9:30am. All he brought home was a universal remote...but he keeps mentioning how crazy Black Friday was and how he can't believe he wasn't lucky enough to snag the camera for me. Uh huh...I'm on to you hubby! :) Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Marissa said...

yay for your nice camera...I have that same one and love it. sadly I don't know manual settings, but if you learn it, spread the love! Fun black friday deals...all I picked up was a bracelet/cuff I've been wanting, but it was only 30 bucks!

Sabrina said...

I LOVE that pink tree! But then again, you can never have enough pink Christmas trees!

Congrats on scoring the new camera! Very cool! I went out in the middle of the night for black Friday. (all the stores opened at midnight, if you hadn't heard). There were so many people out! Crazy!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved