So I got sick AGAIN. Same thing, only this time, I got sinusitis, which was what pretty much put me out. I was so sick, I missed two days of work this week. I spent so much time in the last couple days just trying to get some rest that blogging has just fallen to the wayside.
Anyway....this post is not about me! It's about Sina turning 18 months this week! Can you guys believe it?
I'll probably save the details about this past month for another post. Today, I thought I'd share pictures from Sina's 18 month well-baby appointment. The last time Sina saw the doctor was at her one-year mark. Since then, she'd visited the doctor twice for bronchitis...so, she knows the clinic very well.
Let's just say that Sina IS NOT a fan of the clinic...or the doctor (even though Dr. Simpson is as sweet as can be), whether or not shots are involved.
As soon as the nurse called her name to take her vitals, the tears started flowing. I think I've said this before, but it was very reminiscent of visits to the vet (or Pet Smart) with our dog Lucy, who knew exactly where she was with one sniff, and usually bolted for the door immediately thereafter.
Good thingmommy daddy was there. She latched onto him for dear life. The nurse took her stats:
Weight - 25.2 lbs (63rd percentile)
Length - 32.9 in (81st percentile)
Head Circumference - 18.9 in (85th percentile)
See the change from her one year appointment!
She cried even harder when Dr. Simpson showed up with her stethoscope and really cold hands. It was then that we found out that Sina has an infection in both ears that we're now treating with antibiotics. Poor baby. We didn't suspect a thing! Aside from a cold that snuck up on her sometime last week, she'd been her usual, happy-go-lucky self. I actually think I jinxed the poor girl because I had just raved to a friend about how she'd never had an ear infection and look what happened. Next time, I'll keep my mouth shut!
Aside from that, she's on track in terms of her physical, mental, and social development and we couldn't be happier. I guess we happen to be doing some things right :)
I'm looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully, I'll be able to spend time updating this blog!
Happy Friday everyone!!!
Good thing
Weight - 25.2 lbs (63rd percentile)
Length - 32.9 in (81st percentile)
Head Circumference - 18.9 in (85th percentile)
See the change from her one year appointment!
She cried even harder when Dr. Simpson showed up with her stethoscope and really cold hands. It was then that we found out that Sina has an infection in both ears that we're now treating with antibiotics. Poor baby. We didn't suspect a thing! Aside from a cold that snuck up on her sometime last week, she'd been her usual, happy-go-lucky self. I actually think I jinxed the poor girl because I had just raved to a friend about how she'd never had an ear infection and look what happened. Next time, I'll keep my mouth shut!
Aside from that, she's on track in terms of her physical, mental, and social development and we couldn't be happier. I guess we happen to be doing some things right :)
I'm looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully, I'll be able to spend time updating this blog!
Happy Friday everyone!!!








2 comments:
Awww those photos of her crying make my heart melt!
Happy 18 Months! Doctor visits are tough, my little guy is the same way. Shots or no shots. It will be nice when they don't have to go for check-ups so much!
Post a Comment