What a weekend! Sina and I definitely kept ourselves busy entertaining friends and going sightseeing and shopping with them as well.
Back in the day when my parents were stationed here, everyone wanted to go back to the States with schranks (German furniture--they're mainly big closets/wardrobes/some with shelving and lighting), Hummel figurines, and cuckoo clocks (some people still like these). Heck, my parents still have some of these things in their house now. So do their friends--many of whom are retired military folks that were stationed here years back.
Not me. I've made it clear that I want two things and two things only-- (1) Christmas ornaments/decorations (which I scored big time on last year during the Christmas market season); and (2) Easter egg ornaments/decorations.
Folks...it's Oster Markt, or Easter Market, season here in Europe! Just when I thought that I'd had enough fun during Christmas season, Easter is just around the corner and I jumped at the first opportunity to scope out an Easter market about 40 minutes away from here. We were here for Easter last year. Not sure what I was thinking not attempting to do this back then.
I'll post more about this tomorrow, but here's a sneak peek...
Two of my lady friends, Sina and I spent the day at a kloster (cloister, or monastery) in the city of Maulbronn and splurged on some of these hand-painted, hand-crafted eggs, or eier. What a blast!
More pics to come tomorrow!
Hope you all have an {eggs}traordinary week!







1 comment:
such neat experiences...thanks for sharing with all of us, especially those like me that'll most likely, never see places like that!
Post a Comment