By far, the best thing about our visit to Prague on Easter Sunday...
The trdelnik--a traditional cake and sweet pastry native to Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Hungary. Trdelnik is derived from the word trdlo, which is the wooden stake around which the dough is wrapped and grilled. Once it's cooked, the hollowed pastry is dusted with a sugar and walnut mix. We even saw a stand where a guy slathered a generous amount of Nutella inside each trdelnik. I fell in love.
You guys, this stuff was amazing. I think we each had a double serving.
Not sure how trdelnik is pronounced, but we guessed that it almost sounds like "turtleneck," which is exactly what it looks like. Don't you agree? I mean, it even looks like a turtle shell!
You really can't just have one. I mean, look at it.
Look at Sina...she's trying to grab daddy's trdelnik.
Dough is wrapped around a trdlo and grilled to perfection.
Then it's coated with sugar and nuts.
The trdelnik...among many reasons to return to Prague!







No comments:
Post a Comment