
Happy Sunday everyone! I found out that it's Getting to Know You Sunday on one of my new favorite blog pages, The Life of An Army Wife. She found out about it at mannland5.com. Check out both sites! They're great! And it's simple...you just answer the questions MannLand5 asks and post it to a blog!
The questions...
1. How often do you wash/change your sheets?
As OCD as I am, you might find it surprising that I don't change my sheets all that often, especially since Malu isn't here and it's just me (and occasionally Lucy--although she stays on top of the comforter) on the bed. So I'd say about monthly.
2. When is your birthday?
I always say that my birthday is easy to remember. I say just think of the convenience store--7 Eleven. My birthday is on July 11th. I share this birthday with the likes of Richie Sambora, Yul Brynner, Georgio Armani, and John Quincy Adams.
3. Have you ever met a bloggy friend in real life?
Some of my friends are bloggers, but I know they don't really count. However, one of my blogger friends, Lindsay at What the Dinkins are Thinkin, has a friend who blogs (I think her name is Jennifer) and whose husband happens to be stationed at Fort Bliss in my unit. I hope that I get to meet her one of these days. She also has a great blog entitled Real Love Stories Have No Endings. Check it out!
4. Brad Pitt or George Clooney?
Um...Brad Pitt seems so played out these days. George Clooney will always be classically sexy to me. I'm going with George.
5. If you could change one thing about your body what would it be?
OMG...I would totally change my thighs/legs! I've been told by Samoans that the bottom half of my body is the Samoan part of me. I've got thunder thighs and huge calves. At least they're muscular, but if they weren't like this, it would be a heck of a lot easier to find a perfect pair of jeans! If I find a pair that fits my legs, it's almost always too big in the waist. It sucks!
6. How often do you wash your hair?
I have to wash my hair every day. It gets pretty oily.
7. Do you have pets?
I sure do. My Lucy is our 7-year old furbaby and one of the two loves of my life. She's as cute as can be right now, all curled up like a bean on top of my bed, even though she knows she's not supposed to be there!
8. How many social networks do you belong to..if you had to give up one, what would it be?
I belong to Facebook and Myspace and primarily use Facebook these days. As such, I've been trying to close my Myspace account, but doing that is a challenge especially since I opened that account with an email account that no longer exists. If you fall into this category, the crazy Myspace folks want you to take a picture of yourself holding a sign with your Myspace username on it and email it to them. I want to know what they do with that picture because they don't really say. So....I haven't closed it yet.
So that's me this Sunday! Now it's your turn!
So that's me this Sunday! Now it's your turn!
This morning, my Auntie Daisy and I walked in the Susan G. Komen Race for the (Breast Cancer) Cure. We did the 5K non-competitive walk and although it was sunny out, the winds made for a chilly morning. But what the hey, it was for a great cause and we had a great time. It killed me not to run the 3.1 miles, so what do you do when you walk it? You people watch. I saw a few people I knew from post, including Major General Bromberg, the Fort Bliss Commanding General. But it was more intriguing to see those people who carried signs in memory of their loved ones who lost the fight to breast cancer and also those who carried signs saying they are survivors! These were the heroes that we honored today.
Since it's still early tonight, I'm trying to muster some energy to go through the boxes full of my clothes. Either that, or I can continue to watch Channing Tatum in the movie, Step Up, which I've seen a zillion times. Hmmm....I'm thinking Channing! The clothes can wait!
Oh, and I spoke to Malu long enough to mutter to him that I'd heard the baby's heartbeat the other day. Every time he calls, our phone calls get cut off, or the static is so bad that he can barely understand me. It's so frustrating. But it is nice to hear his voice, even for a few minutes and to know that he is okay. He sends everyone a hello as well as his love!









1 comment:
You're like me with the sheets - I just don't see the point of washing them all the time! Good job on the 5K!
Post a Comment