Warning: This post is picture-heavy and um...quite long.
I've been in a blogging funk lately; mostly because I'm still recuperating from my leave. Although my parents' stay was AWESOME, those ten straight days of traveling just wore me out (and Sina as well). I immediately returned to work and it compounded the fatigue. I'm still exhausted. But I digress.
Sina had her 12-month appointment yesterday. Every time we enter the clinic, she knows she's in for something bad (i.e. shots). It's so reminiscent of me taking Lucy into Pet Smart. As soon as she enters the store, she takes a big whiff, turns around and makes a beeline for the door (and that's only because the first time I took her to Pet Smart the lady who clipped her nails, clipped them too far and gave her a bloody, sore paw). As soon as we entered the clinic, it was complete silence and dread. As soon as the doc reached out to touch Sina, she started screaming. In the midst of her wailing, we got her stats:
Weight: 21 .32 pounds (50th percentile)
Length: 29.92 in (71st percentile)
Head Circumference: 18.11 in (73rd percentile)
The doctor says she is doing wonderfully in every aspect of her development, which is always great to hear. Here are some other tidbits I'd like to mention for documentation purposes:
~Sina has transitioned to whole milk and did so without any problems. Yay for no formula and not having to prep bottles anymore!
~Sina is now on the sippy cup, which still gets messy from time to time, but she's definitely getting the hang of it. She primarily uses the sippy cup at school anyway.
~Sina moved to full-time daycare on the post we live on, which is AWESOME! We got the slot while I was on leave. You guys can't imagine how much easier it is to have her so close during the day. We simply have to walk her to "school" on our way to work. It's about a 10 minute walk there and about a five minute walk from her school to our office building. Love it. We can even visit her for lunch whenever we want!
~She's been walking for months now and gets faster every day. She keeps us on her toes.
~Her vocabulary is increasing by the week. She now says grandma and grandpa. Both sound like "ta-ta". Dinner is called "na-na". Actually, dinner is all food. So whenever she's hungry she says "na-na". She says her name, Sina, as "tee-ta". She says it whenever she sees herself in the mirror.
~She has picked up waving to people and does it everywhere to anyone whether they are looking her way or not. She even waves to things (i.e. trees). It's so cute. She had everyone in St. Peter's square in Rome entertained.
Now for some firsts....
First Swim
While in Garmisch-Partenkirschen, Germany, with my parents (there is an Armed Forces Resort, called the Edelweiss, there), we took Sina for her first swim. She loved it, especially when daddy took her around the pool. Thanks to Great-Grandma Lema and Great-Grandpa Jim for her cute bathing suit!
Here's Sina and Grandpa Mati getting ready to head to the pool.
As soon as she got in, she immediately started kicking and splashing around excitedly. She loved it.
Malu was trying to get her under the fountain. She was scared of it, but at least he enjoyed it.
Family fun!
Having a snack with Grandma Ruby at poolside.
First Haircut
Grandma Ruby was also around to witness Sina's very first haircut. For months, Sina was sporting this tangled nest of curls on the back of her head. No matter what I did, it was a dry and tangled mess. I finally decided that we needed to chop it off. We didn't want to take anything off the top, just the backside.
There isn't much that Sina does not like. She thoroughly enjoyed her first time in a beauty salon. She loves standing and looking at herself in the mirror, but had never been seated in front of one and in a cool chair and cape, no less. As soon as she sat down, she started laughing at herself. She turned her head from left to right just checking herself out. It was hilarious. Even the stylist got a kick out of it.
Making funny faces at herself :)
She was so excited, we practically had to pin her down to keep her still.
"Aw, why do you guys have to spoil my fun?"
I am so glad my mom was there to see it!
"I'm done, you guys!"
"My fresh new curls!" No tangles :)
Next update and appointment will be at 18 months! Holy cow, that'll be half way to your 2nd birthday!
We love you Vaiosina!
So, I owe you guys posts and pictures of our traveling adventures. I promise to do it soon!
Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend.




















3 comments:
love all the "Firsts"...such beautiful family pics! I love that first picture of her...she's SO precious!
Glad all is okay and she seems to be a perfect and healthy growing, little girl!!!
AW! Beautiful photos! I love her first haircut adventure! And as a wanabe grandma, I look forward to all the firsts with our future grandbabies :o)
And YAY! that Sina is closer to your work place!
Blessings & Aloha!
It's been so fun looking at all the pictures of your parents visit and all the Sina pics. (I was on vacation and am trying to get caught up with my favorite bloggy friends. :)
Sina is growing into quite the little lady! Although it makes me giggle because Everett is 18lbs and 26inches and he is only 3 months!!! What is he going to be like at a year???? Ginormo baby!
Post a Comment