For the past week or so we've been experiencing some excruciatingly hot weather. I mean, we're talking in the high 90s. A month ago I thought we'd reached the end of summer, but man, we hit a surge in temps and it was miserable. I've been in hotter places, but this is the first time in a long time that I've experienced this kind of humidity; the kind where you're soaking wet within minutes of walking to work.
To our delight, it cooled down significantly this weekend and it looks like it's going to continue from here on out. It'll still be in the low 70s, but at least we won't be miserable (there are no air conditioners in our offices or homes here).
It cooled down so much that I had to bundle Sina up to go downtown yesterday. Our friends, Anna and Mike, visited from Belgium and we took them downtown for the Stuttgart Wine Fest. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I took that day. I ended up leaving the camera at home. I'll have to beg them to send me pictures, but it was a great time. There was about a 30 minute window where it just poured rain like crazy. After that, it was a beautiful afternoon and we had a blast--great wine, great food and great company.
This will be a bittersweet week...Malu will be leaving for some training in the states, but my best friend Chrissy will be here at the end of the week for about 3 weeks. So at least I won't be totally solo!
I haven't forgotten that I owe you guys pictures from Rome, so I'll try to get to those soon.
Have a great week...we're keeping all those on the East coast in mind as they continue to feel the effects of Tropical Storm Irene.








2 comments:
WHAT?!?!?!? NO AIR CONDITIONING?!?!?! WHEW!!!! man you guys are troopers! i would DIE.
I don't know what I would do with no a/c!
Post a Comment