Monday, November 21, 2011

Hats, Baking and a Copy Cat

Even though drill weekends are rough without Malu, Sina and I get lots of mommy-daughter time.  Although it can get quite hectic at times (i.e. the crying, the running around, and the constant cleaning up of messes and dirty diapers), I can't help but keep falling in love with my little girl.  She just does the cutest things sometimes, I can't help but get all sappy.

We had some unusually warm and sunny weather (for November) yesterday. It was probably in the mid-50s.  Sina was itching to go outside.  On the way out, I told Sina to put on her hat on.  She grabbed this...


She loves this fireman's hat that she got during a fireman's visit to her school a while back.  Well, I can't say she didn't listen!  We played at the park for an hour.  I'm sure the entire neighborhood could hear her excited shrieks as she went down the slide repeatedly.

After her three-hour naps (she's still quite the napper!) we went shopping at the PX, which has somewhat become a part of our weekend routine when Malu is out of town.  We tried on Santa hats, but I'm afraid my little elf was out of sorts.  She was still waking up, I suppose.


When we got home, we set out to bake some cupcakes for the staff at Sina's school (since we found out we're not allowed to bring homemade baked goods to the kiddos--for obvious reasons).  I got the idea of making Pilgrim Hat Cupcakes from the Taste and Tell Blog.  They were so fun and so easy to make!

Sina was dying to give mommy a hand.


Okay, maybe not.  Like the vacuum (and other loud appliances), she's afraid of the mixer and squirmed as soon as I put her next to it (hence my hand on her arm, holding her in place).  She was actually dying to...


...taste the batter!  "Mmmmmmmm....," she kept saying.

She was in bed before I could get all of the cupcakes frosted and "hatted".  Although my icing skills need work, they didn't turn out so bad, eh?


Finally, my bloggy friend, Steph, recently blogged about how her beautiful little girl, Lily is now at the age where she'll imitate what she hears.  I just happened to catch a moment where Sina did the same thing, because she's at that point in her toddler-hood as well; which makes sense because she and Lily are only two weeks apart.

Sometime last week, Sina heard us say "Uh oh!" when she dropped her bottle.  She repeated it, saying "ooh ooh" with her adorable mouth and full lips forming a small "o".  Then we said "Uh oh, spaghetti-o's!"  She responded with her version, "Uh oh, dee dee dee dee!"  I like her version much better :)


Here's hoping that you got a good laugh!

In an effort to say what I'm thankful for each day of this Thanksgiving week--today, I'm thankful for the joy that our daughter brings me each and every day.  I  am thankful for the priceless moments that we continually share.  I thank God for bringing you into our lives. 

Vaiosina, I love you!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Those cupcakes are awesome, Michelle!!!! Wow!! Soooo funny that Sina put her fireman hat on to go outside, hehe!

Casey said...

Those cupcakes are freakin' awesome! Nicely done! Your photo just totally reminded me I need to find Santa hats before Christmas! I don't have one and really haven't seen them around our PX yet...must hunt them down! And as usual, your baby girl is just TOO CUTE!

Summer said...

I've missed you soooo much! I am with you Sina's version Uh Oh dee dee dee dee is so much cuter lol! Love it and love she put her hat on lol...fireman hat of course...better watch out she may marry a fireman lol! OK so how cute is she...love her! Those cupcakes are just so precious I love the pilgrim hats on top good job!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving
xoox
Sums

Lorilynne said...

I am actually making those pilgrim hat cookies today, didn't even think about putting them on cupcakes!
She is such a cutie!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved