Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lucy at the Park

This is what the house looked like this morning, when I decided to wake up and take Lucy to the park. It was so cold I almost decided not to go, but I didn't have the heart to bring Lucy back into the house. She was already half covered in snow by then.

Malu taught Lucy to catch softballs and now it's her favorite thing to do in the park. I brought the bat out there and thought that she'd have a hard time seeing the softballs in the snow, but she's a pro! She had a blast. Lucy hates the camera. I think the flash reminds her of lightning, which she is deathly afraid of. So now, whenever I pull the camera out, she makes a run for it. That's what she's doing here. She even knows that cell phones have cameras in them. So if you whip your cell phone out and look in her direction, she bolts into another room. Crazy dog!

Here, we're getting into the car and heading to Walmart to pick up the Christmas greeting cards I ordered. Speaking of which, I was able to get all my cards done today, along with a few Christmas packages. I'll be heading to the post office tomorrow to get all that out of the way. Not only that, Anna and I went through my walk-in closet today and set aside a ton of clothes to donate to Goodwill. What a productive day!

As promised (and totally off on a tangent), here are two scarf and hat sets that I finished not too long ago. Not bad for cheater knitting--as Misty calls it :) Hey, it's fun!

On another note, the transportation folks from Fort Carson came over today to do a walk-through and assess how many days will be needed to pack and load all my stuff for my big move. It'll take a total of three days--two to pack and one to load. Everything will be done on the 29th, 30th and 31st. I tried not to have people working on New Year's Eve but was told they'd be working anyway. Let's just hope they get done in time for me to party up the New Year with my family!

So my one big task for the rest of the week is to clean and organize my basement. There's a butt-load of junk down there just waiting to be sifted through. Oh yeah, let's not forget the one closet I have in one of our guest rooms. I call it the "chaos" closet. It literally has all kinds of crap in it that I, (1): didn't feel like sorting through or (2): quickly tossed in so that guests wouldn't see them lying around. Argh! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with your chaos closet - we have one of those too! Your house looks gorgeous in the snow!

Heidi said...

Oh... so the basement is where you keep all your mess then, huh? I was wondering how you keep your house so organized and spotless! There's no way we could find a place for everything

Liz and Kurt said...

I'm so not looking forward to moving out of here, we have a 'chaos closet' except that it's not a closet, it's a large storage unit. Good luck with your move, hopefully there are not too many left!

Misty said...

What fun for Lucy! Good luck with the packing/moving/etc. Your hats and scarves look great, and are done so much faster than I can knit. Happy Holidays!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved