
Four years ago, around this time, my unit--the 18th Aviation Brigade out of Fort Bragg, NC--had been on ground in Balad, Iraq for about two weeks. Around this time my boss, who was the brigade commander, insisted on a group photo to attach to our family Christmas cards. So we gathered the majority of the soldiers at the nearby basketball court for it, and this picture taken. I just remember how excited and nervous I was to be on my first combat tour. I only have good memories of the deployment. I worked with the best, lived with my best friend Chrissy, came into contact with some of the most extraordinary people from all over our country, and met my husband. Wow...four years ago. I feel like it's time to go on another deployment. Yet, I'm thankful that I'm not and continue to be thankful for those that are serving in harm's way in my stead. I pray that the families of these special soldiers, airmen and marines are blessed this holiday season and while they wait for their loved ones to return. God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment