For the next three weeks, our happy trio...
...is down to two. My sweet hubby will be at Airborne School at Fort Benning, Georgia. I know I haven't shared the details of my birth story yet, but I will tell you that when Baby V came out, like most babies, she came out screaming (and covered in her own poop...but that's another story). After they got her all cleaned up, they tried to hand her over to me (still screaming), but I was too shaky from the epidural that I didn't want to take her and risk dropping her. So Malu reached out for her and immediately started singing to her. She instantly stopped crying and looked up at him. It was truly love at first sight.
And they've been inseparable ever since. Baby V will truly miss her daddy and napping partner in crime.
And I'm going to miss my sweet love and wonder how I'm going to make it with the baby all by myself for three weeks. I mean, Malu's done practically everything for me before the baby and everything for us (and mainly the baby) since we got home from the hospital. The one thing that keeps me optimistic is knowing that he'll actually be coming back...and I can do three weeks--no problem! So yeah...it's just the two of us...Baby V and me. And we're going to have a fun time!
Best of luck to you at school sweetheart! We'll be here waiting for you!







16 comments:
I know you will miss Malu! But the three weeks will go by fast and you will be just fine! Think of it as bonding time between the two of you. Baby V is getting more and more beautiful every day!
What a sweet story about her birth! Ya'll will be fine!! :)
I freakin' love those two together! Daddy's Little Girl!
Michelle,
You are so funny, I loved how you told the birth story! She is def a daddy's little girl! :0)
I love the picture of the week hahahahha so funny
She is presh and I laughed out loud at her napping parter, the hubs did the same thing with the boppy....men can be quite creative....
You are a wonderful mommy pretty girl and you will do just fine and he will be back before ya know it
xoxo
Summer
Isnt it incredible how the dad roll just clique.You will do awesome! Three weeks will be a breeze compared to the months and years you have on your couple resume. Hope husband does great.
Love the pictures! daddy and his little girl. so precious.
Awh, Baby V and Malu are too precious. I love the pictures. : ) You can last 3 weeks you got it girl!
Oh, those pictures are just too sweet for words!!! Such a daddy's girl already. Love it!!! And those 3 weeks will fly on by!!!!
She's so beautiful!
Ok, these are the cutest photos ever! And hate to break it you sweetie but most girls are daddy's girls! :)
I love daddy's with their babies. They are so sweet! Love the pictures!
nothing like Daddy and his baby girl :) PRECIOUS! hang in there Momma, it'll give you two time to bond while daddy's away...oh I'm sure he misses you both already!!
That is so precious! I love those napping pictures!!! I am sure you will do just fine and have plenty of time to bond with Baby V. Malu will be home soon enough!
AW! The daddy and his little baby girl photos are precious! I love that most of them are of them sleeping :o)
Thinking of you!
Blessings & Aloha!
Can I just say that I love that last picture of Malu with baby V tucked into his shirt! So sweet! Hang in there, 3 weeks will be over before you know it.
Oh my goodness, I love all the pictures of baby V and Malu sleeping! Hilarious and cute! Hope you are doing alright without Malu around!
I always missed my husband when he went away on his business trips. We'd talk on the phone every night, which made for a special, different kind of connection. You always had each other's full attention.
I love your photos - they are wonderful! My fav is the one where he has her tucked in his shirt. He seems to think that's sooo funny, just like my husband would!
Post a Comment