Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday Randomness

Today, I'd set out to the hospital to pick up some vitamins that had been prescribed for Baby V when she had her two-week appointment.  That was last Friday.  It wasn't until I got to the hospital access gate that I had left my ID card in the outfit that I had worn to that appointment last Friday.  So I couldn't even get into the hospital parking lot, let alone pick up her vitamins.  And darn it, I was supposed to schedule my OB follow up. 

Oh well...I'll go back tomorrow.  In any case, I went back to the old workplace to show Sina to my old shop (since they hadn't seen her yet) and to see if any of my lady friends had time to go out to lunch with me.  Luckily, they were.  And while we were visiting, I was able to catch a picture of Baby V with my friend, Laura! 

Laura is the lone survivor left in our "maternity ward" trio.  At one point, it was my other friend (and my assistant), Leah, Laura and myself in this group.  The name was so aptly given to us by our bosses (both male), whom I must say, had to be intimidated by the thought of having three pregnant ladies in the workplace--and one that is predominantly male! 

Leah, had her baby in May.  I just had mine.  And Laura hits her 8 month mark on Monday.  Her baby is due on October!  I can't believe we're almost there.  And I'm so glad that we'll still be here to see her baby born! 

Anyway, Baby V was such a great visitor today.  She was wide awake and well-behaved!

Now we're back at home, and all is at peace because she is sleeping!  I must say that every day is getting easier.  We've gotten into somewhat of a routine at night and I'm better able to get her back to sleep after every feeding as opposed to staying up all hours of the morning trying to get her comfortable and back to sleep.

Tonight...she'll be taking her first bath! 

In any case, I finally posted the recipe for the Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake dessert I mentioned the other day.  So head on over to my cooking blog if you want to try it out!

Enjoy the rest of your hump day guys!  I've got 16 days until Malu heads back from Fort Benning!

Update:  ten minutes after posting this, I went back to look for my ID card.  Turns out it was in my wallet the entire time, it was just hidden behind one of my pictures and I couldn't see it. Figures.  But I still got to see my friends!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Hey pretty girl,
Love the pic of baby V and your friend so cute! No worries all of us mommies with babies forget things, believe me I have done my fair share of forgetting things....when you have so much to get just to go out the door it soooo happens LOL

Glad you were able to go to your old base and see your friends

Glad baby V is sleeping well for ya

xoxo
Summer :0)

Lindsey S said...

Glad you had a good day (minus the ID card mishap)!!

Sabrina said...

Sounds like Baby V is a good little visitor. I bet they swooned over her!

networks 1 said...

I totally forgot about this! It was so fun to see the Sina so tiny, Jack still in my belly and the old buildings. Oh the days of the maternity ward. The only thing that could have made it better was if we all could have somehow taken our maternity leave together!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved