Lots of firsts this past month. First trip to the pumpkin patch, first Halloween, and this is a picture of her on the day that she rolled over by herself for the first time. I believe it was Wednesday. She did it for her daddy while I was at work. So when I got home, we tried to get her to do it again and to no avail. I guess she was just too tired!
In this last month, she has also completely transitioned to formula which is months and months earlier than I had wanted to do it. And it's not because I wanted to stop breastfeeding, it's just because I couldn't produce enough milk to sustain her, especially with me back at work. I could barely pump out enough milk for a full day. And I'd tried everything...stayed hydrated constantly, took Fenugreek vitamins, drank milk tea and got a prescription for Reglan, which helps with milk production. It just didn't work. So for about three weeks, we mixed the breastmilk I could pump with formula and eventually phased the breastmilk out. And she took it all like a champ, really, because she never got sick, had diarrhea or spit up anything. So, yeah, now she's completely on formula and although that stuff is expensive as hell and goes fast (because she's eating 6 ounces every four to five hours), it's so much easier because I get a lot more sleep (especially since Malu does all the feeding overnight), I'm not stressing out about not having enough to feed her, and, if we want, we can stay out at places longer and not worry about having to breastfeed her.
Her hand-eye coordination has progressed. She is so enthralled by her hands. She's constantly got her hands clasped together and is often found trying to shove her fists in her mouth. She can also grab her feet with her hands--very flexible! And it's just so cute to see her do it. She loves when we stand her up on our laps too. I think she's dying to walk. And when we lay her on the floor to get her to roll, she kicks her legs so much, I feel like she's going to start crawling soon. Not only this, she will accept/take things that you hand to her. Like today, I handed her her pacifier and she latched onto it and put it back into her mouth the right way. I was shocked!
And...she talks. And talks....and talks. Malu and I wake up to her every morning (around 6:45) talking to herself and making googly noises. And she's getting louder every day. Everyone tells me she looks like her Grandma Ruby. Well, they can also say that she talks up a storm just like her too :)
Here are some other favorite pictures of her over the past month.
Sina and Mommy
I don't know why I insist on making her wear these flowers. She's not a big fan. But she's so cute in them. This was actually taken this morning.
I call this her "bad to the bone" t-shirt. It was a gift from my friend Leah.
I can't wait to see what's in store for us this month. Sina, you bring us so much joy. We love you, love you, love you!









10 comments:
Her big beautiful eyes are just lovely!!!
that last picture is my FAVE! she is adorable.
and about the breastfeeding: i feel like women are so pressured to keep at it just because there's a negative stigma attached to formula feeding your baby. bottom line is, you are taking care of her, you are feeding her, you are doing what's best for you guys.
the only reason i say anything is because i felt like you felt like you had to explain yourself to us, when really, you shouldn't feel guilty, you shouldn't feel bad about formula feeding her. anyways, sorry if i misinterpreted - just don't want you to feel like other moms are judging you. i know i'm not.
AND if i could feed julius with a bottle i probably would. he won't take a bottle for anything and since i am able to breastfeed, that's what we do. i wish i could go on a date without worrying that he'll wake up and need to be fed. lol. xx
Sina is such a pretty little girl!
Michelle, I wish we lived in the same town!! I still haven't finished writing Lily's 3 month update--seems to sit in my "drafts" forever! But, it would read very much the same as Sina's. :)
Lily is also completely on formula and has been for a little more than a month. I had A LOT of guilt about it because it's not at all as short as I had hoped. But, I look at this healthy amazing baby girl and I know we're doing what is right for her. There are no feeding struggles for her...or Mama.
We get Costco formula (I checked with her pediatrician first, of course) because a 2lb. can is only $16.49! It's the equivalent of Similac and Enfamil and Lily is doing fantastic on it. She eats the same as Sina. :) Just a thought.
So happy to see your pictures and read updates!
Lily is rolling too. :) They are growing up WAYYYYYYYY too fast!
xoxox
Happy Birthday Baby Girl! She is too precious! Love her eyes!
She just gets cuter and cuter :) My little guy has started babbling and cooing up a storm, it's so darn cute.
So sorry to hear about the breastfeeding struggle but you have to do what works best for you and your family :) I'm sure it's a relief now that you don't have to stress about the milk production any more. Every time my little bug goes through a growth spurt we have two days of complete stress on my part; those are the days I wish I was feeding with formula, lol
Oh you all are such a cute family! Lots of accomplishments here :o) These posts will be so awesome to look back on read and see what she was learning and doing...
Blessings & Aloha!
Once again...I'm behind, but catching up on blog reading...hope you have some time to stop by mine.
3 months already? Oh my goodness time sure does fly! She is gorg and that pic of you and her is presh! She is so beautiful like her mommy! Love the flower clips in her hair! Love it...
xoxo
Summer
3 months already? Oh my goodness time sure does fly! She is gorg and that pic of you and her is presh! She is so beautiful like her mommy! Love the flower clips in her hair! Love it...
xoxo
Summer
I meant to stop by yesterday and wish you and Malu a Happy Veterans Day! You guys Rock!
Post a Comment