Malu told me that he's all caught up with the blog back there in the States, so I figured I'd keep up on my Sina posts. I know he's enjoying them. I'm sure our families and friends all over are enjoying them too.
I know that Sina's been learning how to use forks and spoons at daycare, but unless it's something less messy like bite-sized carrots, peas, and other veggies or pasta, I usually spoon-feed her myself. I think it's the OCD in me that I really just need to let go. Messes? I loathe them. Today, as I was feeding her oatmeal for breakfast, I decided to do just that. Sina became frustrated because I wouldn't let her have the spoon. It's the same kind of frustration she shows when you won't let her hand go as you walk down hallways, the store, or along sidewalks. She's just that independent. Seriously, Sina. Already?
I let her have a go at it.
I love how she says "Mmmmmm!!!" After every spoonful. Melts your heart.
And, um, I'm investing in one of those high chair floor mats that catch all the fly-away food. She was a complete mess. I had to give her a quick bath. It's no wonder everytime I pick her up from daycare I've been warned that she got bananas or applesauce in her hair. I mean, she just sat there today, flailing her arms while spoonfuls of oatmeal catapulted in every direction. Maybe I need to invest in a protective mask as well. I hated the mess...but I'll take it a zillion more times if I get to see that smile on her face every time.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Love, love, LOVE her.
Happy Sunday everyone and have a great week!
P.S. I'm happy to report that Malu is doing extremely well at school. He hates that I brag about him, but he was told that he's in the running for distinguished honor graduate. Not surprising at all. He's got a knack for winning this honor every time he goes to a school. Go babe! We're so proud of you!







4 comments:
Haha, the mmm-ing was the cutest! And even though he doesn't enjoy being bragged about, good for Malu! Not everyone has that knack for making DG everywhere they go, and it's something to applaud.
What a sweet smile too as she is eating!
Blessings & Aloha!
& congratulations to your hubby on a well deserved honor!
so funny! at least you know she's enjoying every bite :)
haha she is just too cute!
Post a Comment