
It's late and I'm supposed to be getting ready for bed, but I wanted to do Fill in the Blank Friday before Friday's actually over! Today's questions have to do with music because Lauren over at The Little Things We Do should be at a concert tonight on her side of the country. What a great idea. So here we go:
1. One song that always brings me back to my youth is.....although there are so many, any of the classics by Phil Collins or Genesis, Journey, even Michael Bolton. But the actual song that comes to mind right now is "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams. He was one of my favorite artists in middle/high school and this was the theme song to my favorite movie of that time, Robin Hood (with Kevin Costner in it).
2. My first concert ever was...New Kids on the Block when my family was stationed in Brooklyn, NY. I must have been around 9 or 10 and my sister and I were completely obsessed with this band!!! We had everything....t-shirts, pins, posters, even jackets. It was nuts!
3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there...both my husband and I would enjoy a concert with John Mayer (love his music, not really him), Jack Johnson, Colbie Caillat, and Jason Mraz. And Ben Harper.
4. The best make-out/boot-knocking song song ever is John Mayer's "Body is a Wonderland", although I do not know this from personal experience. Malu can play and sing this song very well though!
5. The best concert I've ever been to was...Carrie Underwood. I've only been to, like, two concerts in my life so between her and NKOTB, I'd have to choose Carrie. And she really is great. Now if Taylor Swift could just get her happy little butt to El Paso!
6. A memorable music moment for me was...the day that Malu played (on his guitar) and sang the first song he ever wrote for me to me. We were in Iraq at the time and I had actually bought him the guitar he played it on as a birthday gift and had it shipped to Iraq. I still have the sheets of paper that Malu wrote the song on. The song is called "Finding the Light" and he still sings it to me from time to time.
7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is...I'm sorry. My iPod is not getting any play these days. But when it was playing, it was playing a lot by "The Dream". Yeah, I like all kinds of music.
Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend!







4 comments:
I LOVE The Dream!!!
Girl you just brought me way back with New Kids on the Block ha! I looooved them! Donnie and Joey were my favs and I had the posters, the bedding it was nuts and I loved "the right stuff" ha!
Oooh sounds like we have the same taste in music girlie! I love all you listed and Journey is one of my fav bands.....Don't Stop believing is my theme song with my disease!
O.K. girl I love Carrie Underwood but have never been to her concert before! I have been to lots of concerts!
That is so sweet your guy wrote and sung you a song how presh is that! Awwww and he even sang John Mayer's song to you that is just soooo stinkin sweet! Ya'll are to cute!
Have a great weekend girlie
xoxo
Summer :0)
NKOTB was my first concert too! Loved them! That is so sweet that Malu wrote you a song. What a great story!
I loved NKOTB too! My sister and I plastered our wall with posters and pictures torn from Tiger Beat. :)
Post a Comment