Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. It's 10:00 p.m. and I'm up doing my Ten on Tuesday. How convenient!

2. I'm this late because I was at Auntie Daisy's house doing my laundry. Why don't I have my own washer and dryer at my house? Because I haven't made the time or dedicated the energy to go and look for one. That's why. Pure laziness! But I fully intend to go before the baby is born. I'm going to need them badly when she gets here. For the record, we do have a washer and dryer, but left them for the renters at our house in Colorado. Big mistake.

3. Speaking of the house being rented in Colorado, our property manager emailed me pictures of this nasty white mold looking stuff that has infested our back yard. Do I have any green thumb folks out there? Can you tell me what this stuff is? It's ruining our yard! Thankfully, I have a wonderful property manager and she's investingating the issue as we speak.

4. I have to get up early tomorrow for an 8:00 meeting at the University of Texas El Paso. I have to meet up with the ROTC folks over there just to scope out the area and get to know the staff there. My boss is going to be their guest speaker at next month's commissioning ceremony. I only mention this because UTEP just happens to be close to the place that I buy those magnificent strawberry, banana and Nutella-filled crepes I've mentioned a time or two on this blog. Yum! I may have to stop by.

5. My mom says I need to stop eating all this junk food, which should totally make me want to nix #4. But mom's not here...and, well, the baby wants it ;) She just wants me to stay healthy for the baby. But gosh, cravings are cravings sometimes and can't a girl just have a crepe? Mom, after the crepe, that's it. I'm back to fruits and veggies ONLY!

6. I mentioned yesterday that my friend, Chrissy, is coming this weekend. Have I cleaned this house yet? Umm...no.

7. It's official...I'm being put on orders to report to Stuttgart, Germany in January 2011. When I asked Malu about the assignment, he told me to jump on it. My assignments guy is helping me get Malu a job over there as well so that we can finally be together. I hope this works out. It would suck to have to be there by ourselves (the baby and I). But Malu said he'd get to me no matter what. I believe him. He has a way of making the most impossible things possible.

8. Stuttgart is in Southern Germany and here is the city website. I can't tell you how excited I am about going there! http://www.stuttgart-tourist.de/index_ENG.htm

9. My parents won't be too excited about this assignment. If they're reading this now, they're probably freaking out because I haven't called them with the news yet. Sorry mom and dad. And don't freak out...yet. We still have a while.

10. I've only completed and mailed out about a quarter of the Thank You notes for the baby shower. Forgive me folks! I'm working on it!

As always, I'm sleepy and totally ready for bed. This baby is kicking me right now and telling me she's ready too. Good night everyone!

P.S. OMG...my work Blackberry just went off. Who is emailing me at this hour? Why am I acting like this doesn't happen all the time? Love the Army, I tell you.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Germany!? wow that is exciting!

Sabrina said...

Wow! Germany is a very cool assignment! I hope it all works out that you can be together there! :)

Tanya said...

Germany! Awesome! But, yeah, I feel for your parents being away from their granddaughter! I hope it all goes smoothly for Malu to join y'all in Germany!!!

Melissa said...

Stuttgart sounds awesome! Hope your parents don't freak! I'm not sure what that white mold stuff is... hopefully it can be fixed easily!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved