Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Five

Well hello guys!  It's time for another edition of Thursday Five, hosted by Mrs. Gambizzle of Life as a Sailor's Girl. 

What a great way to reflect on all of the things that have made us joyous, jubilant, exuberant, thankful, merry and just plain happy this week!  If you want to participate, it's not too late.  Head on over to Mrs. Gambizzle's blog and get linked up!  And here are my five:

1.  Today is Baby V's due date.  Yup...we are officially 40 weeks along today!  But alas, she is not here yet! Everytime I call my mom she's almost in a panic when she answers, asking me what's going on and if I'm going into labor.  Nope, not yet.  Malu and I have come to terms with the fact that she's just going to show up when she wants to.  And she's already starting to be like her mom...hardly ever on time.  I'm just thankful that she's doing well inside my tummy and she hasn't been causing me too much pain.  Really...the last time I had some contractions was the night before last.

2.  When the hubby is gone as much as mine as been, you find pleasure in the smallest of things when he is around.  Like grocery shopping. Malu and I went to Costco earlier today (blew over $200, which is easy to do when you go there on empty stomachs) and we had such a great time.  And it's probably because we're so goofy together.  I mean, we're goofy all the time, but I particularly had so much fun with him today. 

3.  While we were there, Malu picked up a colossal sushi (california roll) platter for the two of us to share for lunch.  And it was oh-so-delicious!


I've honestly tried shying away from sushi during this pregnancy, but to no avail.  I at least make sure that the sushi I get is all cooked!  So no worries!

4.  I'm sad that we took Chester back to the office today, but look back on our great times with him over the past week.  We wanted to make sure that everyone at work knew that we took good care of the big guy, so yesterday we gave him a really good bath with some green apple oatmeal shampoo.  It took us three long washes to get all the dirt off his body, but man was he clean when we were through.  And the best tactic:


For Malu to get right in the tub with him!  Right down and dirty.  It so cute how well they bonded.  Now we miss him!  Not sure if all the guys at work will appreciate him smelling like a giant green apple, but I loved the smell!

5.  Finally, I'm happy that Malu was able to secure himself an Airborne School slot for September, as he's gone through great lengths these last few weeks to get it. He'll be gone for three weeks, leaving me with Baby V, but that's okay.  I'm willing to choke up the absence so that he can finally join myself and many other people in the illustrious paratrooper ranks!  Okay, it's not that serious.  But at least I can stop giving him crap about not having his wings!

Anyway, I'm going to take a nap before dinnertime, as I am so exhausted.  Happy Thursday you guys!  You never know...maybe something will happen over night and I'll have some big news for you all then!

5 comments:

Mrs. Gambizzle said...

Love your list! Can't wait to see your adorable baby, and that picture of your hubby with the dog is so cute lol Thanks for linking up!

Lindsey S said...

I can't wait for you to have this baby!! :) I am so excited!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

Can't wait! excited for you and Malu.

Marissa said...

can't wait for baby to be here! taking a bath with that dog...so FUN! We are total dog-lovers so we would have done the same thing :)


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved