So tomorrow, we're taking Chester back to work since we've had him for over a week and a half now. Well, truth be told, the Colonel comes back from leave tomorrow and I'm sure Chester will be the first thing he looks for when he gets back. He loves this dog. And honestly...so do we. We've had such a great time with him--especially Malu--and we're so sad to see him go.
Yesterday, Malu bought him this blue, rubber squeaky football. He hasn't parted with the thing since. As soon as he got it, he gnawed at that thing and all you could hear for forever was squeaking. One time, it squeaked until he fell asleep. And he slept with it right next to him. This morning, we awoke to more squeaking at 0600. No kidding. I just think it's the most adorable thing. And by the way, he decided to claim the chaise on the end of our sectional the whole time he was here. He got so much of his fur (and drool) on it, I had to put a towel down just to catch all of it.
Here, we're on our way to the park (this was a few hours ago). We had thrown his ball into the back of the car, not knowing that he would climb over the back seat and into the trunk to get it--while the car was moving. So, he got it and then somehow threw the football back into the middle of the car where Lucy sat. This is him staring at the ball thinking, "Man, I'm not climbing back over this seat to get it. I don't care how much I like that thing." So he stared at it all the way to the park.
After all the running around at the park, he was beat. But he still held that football close the rest of the time thinking that either Malu or I was going to come near and take it away.
We will miss Chester when we take him back. I sure do hope that those guys at the Bulldog Brigade don't back out on their word that Malu and I have exclusive rights to bring Chester home every now and then with me moving to a new unit across post and all. And although I'm sure Lucy can't wait to take her house back, I'm also sure part of her will miss him being around too.
Take care, Chester! We love you!
On another note: I've been having some contractions, but they're averaging about 20 minutes apart. So no baby yet!
On another note: I've been having some contractions, but they're averaging about 20 minutes apart. So no baby yet!







5 comments:
cute cute pics of Chester!!
The baby is gonna be here soon!!! Does Malu know how to post on the blog so he can tell us???
Love the attachment to the blue football! That is so cute!
And yay *Almost* baby!
Hey pretty girl!
I just read on your baby ticker that you are 39 weeks 6 days preggers eeeeeeeeek you will be having baby V at anytime now....I am so happy for ya'll! Keep us posted, I figure anyday since you are having contractions lots of well wishes comin' attcha!
Chester is ADORABLE!! I love his little blue squeaky ball that is so funny he squeaked it until he fell asleep!
I laughed right out loud at the car picture how he managed to get back there in then was like no way am I climbing back over LOL
xoxoSmmer :0)
Chester is PRECIOUS! We are dog-lovers and so sad that you guys have to say a temporary goodbye. 20 min apart contractions? You're getting there, now go and climb some stairs :)
I want Chester and Jackson to play together!!
Post a Comment