We returned a few hours ago from our trip to Normandy. What a fantastic way to celebrate Memorial Day. I'll save the details of this trip for posts throughout the week. For now, I'll leave you with a breath-taking photo I took at the National American Cemetery in Normandy that honors those who fell in Europe during World War II.
We were truly honored to be there. There aren't enough words to express the gratitude we felt for those whose graves we stood upon; those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of our freedom.
Today, we honor them and all of our brothers and sisters in arms who also paid the ultimate price; as well as those who have served and continue to serve our great country on the homefront and abroad.








3 comments:
Happy Memorial Day to you and Malu! Thanks for taking the picture and sharing it with us. And there are no words to thank you appropriately, for serving your country so that we can have our freedom.
Happy Memorial Day!!! :)
What a beautiful snapshot!
Post a Comment