Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend in Review


I'm lucky enough to have my weekends start on Fridays since I don't have any classes. I wanted to have a quiet, relaxing weekend at home and as it turned out, about a month ago my good friend, Tisha, had planned a Girls' Spa Day for that morning--which I completely forgot about! What a nice surprise!

So, that morning I made the drive out to Pueblo. We--Tisha, Kimberly, and I--started out at Hopscotch Bakery (the best bakery in Pueblo) and moved down the street to the Colorado Avenue Day Spa & Wellness Center, where we all indulged in an hour-long massage and a blueberry facial. I've been to several spas, but there was just something about this one that made the experience so much more enjoyable. Well, I know what that something was...the massage was just altogther fantastic. The rub down was so soothing and the oils so aromatic. And the facial--just divine! The place uses all-natural ingredients so the oatmeal scrub they used, along with the blueberry mask, were so fragrant I almost felt like eating the stuff right off my face! Seriously! But we ladies left that place just completely rejuvenated. We were lucky enough to have our picture taken, which has become somewhat of a ritual after all of our Girls' Spa Days.
Then on Saturday, I had my uncles come in to start on our fence. If I didn't have to work for mom that day, I would have taken tons of pictures of them and my dad struggling with the auger they used to drill the holes for the fence posts. It was quite hilarious. It's funny...the first thing my Uncle Ray said before they started that morning was, "damn, this is a big-ass yard!" Those of you that have actually seen it know that it really is huge. As a matter of fact, it's so huge, I hate it and can't wait to have the whole thing done and over with. We have all the landscaping done, it's just a matter getting the fences up.
Anyway, when I got off from work, I had the honor of mowing the darn thing and it took me an hour and a half! I need a riding lawn mower, I swear! We have one of the rechargeable electric ones, and although it's brand new and so quiet you'd barely know you're mowing, our yard is just too big for it! That night, I made sure to make Malu feel guilty for the fact that he left in time for me to do the tedious chore. But as usual, we ended up laughing about it and really just loving the fact that Lucy is enjoying her big back yard. You should have seen her out there, rolling around in her newly mown grass. She's the reason why we got this house with that size yard anyway....spoiled dog!
Today, after church our family joined the Fil-Am Community at the Golden Corral buffet for a luncheon. Naturally, we pigged out on those butter-coated rolls and all-you-can-eat steak and shrimp. It was all so good! So good, I went home determined to take a nap but failed miserably. I ended up doing some cleaning and preparing to have Roz and Jolene (my brother's fiance) come over to bake some cookies. Later on, my brother ended up joining us to watch the scary flick--Prom Night. They left a few minutes ago and I'm so scared right now, I have to do something to keep me occupied until I'm tired enough to fall asleep without having a nightmare--hence, this blog post. Yes, I'm one of those people!

All in all, a good weekend. And I'm happy to report that Malu is well and staying very busy at Fort Dix. He's been doing a series of classes for the last week and today, had some on weapons familiarization. He told me today that he's been assigned as the gunner for his team--which means he'll be manning the turret on his patrols. I'm not too thrilled about the idea (okay, I'm freaked out as all hell), but hey, that's the nature of the beast. We're both guessing that he'll be home on Columbus Day weekend for four days. Well, we know he's coming home for a four-day, we just don't have any confirmation on when. But Columbus Day weekend makes the most sense. It's amazing that those guys are even allowed to have a weekend off, especially since they're in the mobilization phase and all. You would probably never see this kind of thing on Active Duty. Commanders don't like to take that kind of risk when the unit is about to deploy. It's just too great an opportunity for soldiers to get into trouble. Sometimes they get into trouble serious enough to make them non-deployable. I've actually seen it happen before, which is why I was surprised when Malu told me he'd be coming home after he'd just left. I just consider it a blessing from God and we're going to make the most of those four days. I can't wait!

Well, I've got a busy week ahead--tests and everything. Wish me luck! May all of you be blessed this week and always!
P.S. For some reason, every time I make a post, it doesn't post the way I want it to (i.e. no spaces between some paragraphs, even though I type it that way). If anyone can help me with this problem, I'd really appreciate it!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your spa day sounds fabulous, I'm so envious! I'm glad you had a good weekend, and good luck on your tests this week!

I wish I had some advice on your spacing problem... have you tried hitting enter twice to see if that fixes it? When I first started my blog I had a few problems, but it was mainly that it double spaced randomly when I didn't want it to. It somehow fixed itself after several posts... maybe it will do that for you? Hopefully!

Unknown said...

thanks so much Melissa! hopefully the problem will be fixed after a few more posts! you have a great week too!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved