Monday, January 26, 2009

Back to Work

Today was my first official day at work. After a week and a half of inprocessing--four days of which were dedicated to moving and unpacking my household goods--I was eager to get started. Okay, maybe not that eager. I was actually kind of nervous considering I hadn't worked in my Army job for two whole years. I really didn't know what to expect. I woke up at 0430 for PT (physical training), which was a feat in itself. I haven't woken up that early in ages! PT was actually okay. I've been running practically every day since I arrived here, so it's getting incrementally better every day. I actually missed running and I'm looking forward to getting back into shape. Anyway, the work day itself was pretty quiet; not too much going on, but that's only because I haven't been fully integrated into my job. I have a great NCO (non-commissioned officer) who has been running my section for almost a year now, so all the systems are in place. I just need to come in and tweak them a little bit so that they run more efficiently. What's crazy is that I have a section full of females--not a single male. I believe I have fifteen. Too much estrogen in one section. I'm anxious to see how this will pan out as I've had a few bad experiences with female soldiers. My co-workers are all very welcoming and my boss is very approachable and seems to be wonderful to work for. Let's hope I'll be saying the same things a few months from now. Aside from all of this, I was trying to figure out whether I'm in Iraq instead of Texas. That is why I posted this particular picture. All of El Paso is beige and lacks color. The post itself with all its desert-hued buildings and vehicles, not to mention today's windy dust storm really gave the place a true Iraq feel. It was so windy and dusty, you can't barely make out the mountains in the background. I'll have to show Malu sometime. Well, I'm glad to be back on the blog again. It's been forever and I missed it. With everything going on, I haven't been inspired to take any pictures or write about anything. Now I'm back in the game! I'll be updating my cooking blog soon too. I finally got all of my cookbooks and my Kitchenaid mixer unpacked--so game on!

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'm glad you are getting settled in. Hopefully the job continues to go well.
And I can't wait until you start baking again! :)

Melissa said...

I hope your job keeps going well. I'd be a little nervous too with all those females in one department. But hopefully everyone will continue to be as nice as they were on your first day. And I hope El Paso starts to look a little brighter once winter passes!

Misty Mazingo said...

Glad to hear you are getting settled in. Talk to you soon. M

PeasOnMoss said...

Hmm... Yah, my NCO told me that Abilene looks like Afghanistan. Now that was depressing! I think you win though. Sheesh. I swear the only colors in west texas are grey and brown and some disgusting mix of those. Female soldiers - like female airmen - are an interesting mix between vixens and bitches. It's crazy. I tried to span the spectrum, depending on the issues my airmen had. GOOD LUCK. I'm glad you have a good NCO. He/She can really make or break the situation, I've noticed. We're definitely thinking of you and Malu -- looking forward to the day you return! :)
Love


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved