.JPG)
This week, our unit got free tickets to a football game hosted by the University of Texas-El Paso. I was able to get my hands on a ticket and joined a few soldiers from my staff section at the Sun Bowl for the game. It was Texas vs. The Nation. Yeah, when I heard that, I was like, "who's Texas? Better yet, who's The Nation?" Well, the Texas team was comprised of all the top college football players from the state. The Nation hosted a team full of the nation's best football players. I was happy to see that Colorado State University had a representative on the Nation team! It was a beautiful day for a game, I'll tell you that. However, our bleachers were directly under the sun and I was scorched by the third quarter. I actually left just before the fourth quarter ended and when I did, the Nation team was in the lead. I'm assuming there are a bunch of downhearted, mopey Texans around the city tonight. I'm so glad I had something to spend my day doing, instead of being cooped up in the house, which tends to happen when I'm back on the job. I get so exhausted during the week, all I want to do is stay in bed and nap all weekend. I'm glad I was out and about. As a matter of fact, I got a lot done today. I finally cleaned the kitchen. The sink was stacked high with dirty dishes that I threw in all week--they're all washed and put away. I also did my laundry. Can you believe I've been here for almost three weeks and just now did my laundry? Yeah, pretty pathetic. Now, I'm ready to curl up in bed to watch a few movies I rented. If only Malu were here, so we could enjoy them together. He is doing great, by the way, and calls every night with great stories of his time there. I told him that I've started the countdown for his return for R&R. He'll be back in mid-May. As a matter of fact, one of the first things I told my commander when I got to my unit was that I have plans to take leave in May. No way am I going to be working when my baby comes into town! I can't wait. Speaking of my commander, I'm going to his house tomorrow for a Super Bowl party. I'm not really rooting for a particular team, but it'll be fun. Well, I've got to watch my movies now. Ta ta for now!
4 comments:
The fact that you haven't done laundry in 3 weeks just means you have TONS of clothes!!! :)
The game sounds fun! I bet getting lots of things accomplished was a good feeling. Hope you enjoyed the superbowl party!
So what exactly do you do there for work? Will you be around this summer? I think I'll be coming out to do thesis research.
Has your new boss been working you to death these last three weeks? I assume that's why you're being a bad blogger :)
Post a Comment