So check it out...Amber, a Marine wife over at Goodnight Moon!, is hosting a blog link-up called the Deployment Survivor Button-Up. What a great idea...so I decided to participate.
If you have survived a deployment or are going through one, then this link-up is for you! Head on over to her blog, grab her button, tell your story, and link back up to her blog (which is totally cool, by the way).
I have personally survived 1 deployment. I was deployed to Iraq back in 2004 (as I am in the military myself) and I actually met my husband there. I'd say that I've been on two deployments, but that's a funny story. I got back from that "deployment" last December.
 |
| OIF (2004-2005) |
My husband, Malu, has been on two deployments since we've been married. He returned from his most recent deployment in mid-June...just in time for our baby's arrival! For the 5+ years that we have been together, we have lived together about a total of one year. I won't even go into the Army schools and TDYs that have kept us apart. Being a dual military couple is no joke. But it's what we signed up for...and we understand that's the nature of the beast.
So yes...I'm a deployment survivor. And will most likely have to survive many more to come!
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved
9 comments:
Umm...I'd say that you were more then JUST a deployment survivor! Gesh...that is crazy! But...I'm sure that you wouldn't change any of it because your with the man of your dreams!
You are awesome...and your husband is soooo lucky to have you as his wife to fully support him throughout all the struggles that lay in your path from time to time. Your the best in my book *wink!
Agreed. You are awesome and your man is lucky to have you! Thank you for serving our country and for being a survivor!!
Hey girlie...I just edited my blog from today. Make sure you come by and add this post to my linky so that other milspouses can come by and read your story! Thanks!
Thank you to both of you for your military service...the deployments, and many military separations due to school and TDYs!
Blessings & Aloha!
Wow, what an incredible couple you guys are :) And I read your link story back to when you found out you were pregnant-SO funny! and you two met while in Iraq, what an incredible story to share with your precious daugther!
Thanks to you and your husband for the sacrifices you make for our country :)
You are AWESOME! I am glad you guys are together again and with that sweet baby of yours:)
I just read on CNN.com about a shooting at your base...are you ok?
Just stopping by to say hello! :)
Just stopping by to see how the three of you are doing!
Blessings & Aloha!
Post a Comment