Saturday, June 19, 2010

~Pure Bliss~

Wow!  Sorry I've been "out of the net" the entire week guys.  It was one heck of a week with work and how crazy hot it is out there, making it completely unbearable for this 34-week pregnant woman.

I got a ticket on post on Wednesday for supposedly going 40 in a 35.  I think the MP would have given me a warning had I not argued with him.  But I got a $115 ticket, which is more than other tickets I've received for going so much more over the speed limit.  Whatever.

Then, I was on lock-down at work because someone in the unit decided to lose a really important piece of equipment.  That meant, no one could go home until they were found.  All the soldiers, including my pregnant friend, Laura, had to stay at work overnight.  We literally slept on the couches in the brigade headquarters.  She and I were finally released last night...it's so great to be home.

But none of these things could break my spirits this week, because.....

Malu is HOME from his 3rd deployment to Iraq! 

I mean, home for good--at least for a while!

His unit's deployment was cut short and he'd known for a few months and planned on surprising me.

Well, he gave it a nice try.

After some snooping, I'd found out about it about a week before (I have my ways) and some of my girlfriends went to the airport at 11:30 p.m. on Monday to surprise him.  And it worked out really well...he never really devised a plan on how to get to our house, which he's never been to before (and it can't be map-quested because it's in a new part of town).

Here are some pics, and even though I knew he was coming home, it was still a wonderful surprise for me...and for him.


The pre-arrival photo


Me:  Gotcha!! 
Malu: What are you doing here?!?!





And once again, all is perfect in my world.

The next morning, I woke up to this:


And almost a week of seeing him every morning by my side, I'm still in amazement and am beyond elated.  And the serenity I feel just by having him here...it's indescribable.

So yeah, bring on the speeding tickets and unit lock downs (in which Malu stayed with us the entire night, brought blankets, pillows, and food for us!)!  I've got my hubby...and he's all I need.

He'll be leaving tomorrow to go back to Fort Dix, NJ to complete his demobilization and will return in a few days.  He'll definitely be here for Vaiosina's delivery, which I'm completely ecstatic about.  And we'll go from there. 

And he's been so wonderful....cooking dinners, taking care of Lucy, making me breakfasts late at night because I crave pancakes, singing and talking to Vaiosina before we go to bed.  It's been great!

And today is our 3-year anniversary, so we're going to have some fun!

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

enjoy! almost in tears here. Such a nice homecoming!

Nicole Marie said...

Look at that ear to ear smile! Glad he is back home...safe and happy :) LOL he wanted to surprise u and u surprised him instead--LOVE IT!!!
Enjoy your anniversary!

Ashleigh said...

OHH MYY GOSHHH! SO happy for you! That's fabulous news! This totally made me cry! So sweet!

Steph said...

Ok, TOTALLY crying!!! Yay!! What a GREAT surprise for BOTH of you!!!!

Summer said...

That is awesome Malu is home!! YAY!! Happy Anniversary girl! I LOL about how he was trying to suprise you and you suprised him....that is totally something I would do! Ugggg bout the speeding ticket and lockdown but like you said all is good in your world and you have Malu!

Girl no wonder you have been MIA you have MALU....no time for internet LOL....

That is awesome he is making you breakfast and talking to your precious bundle and will be here for the delivery and eeeeeeeeeeeeek
I am so excited for you....

girl I love your hair....did you get it cut! You look so awesome in that pic....Love the pic of you and Malu reunited....that reminds me of that song
"Reunited and it feels so good" LOL
See I am so happy for ya you got this goofy girl singin' again
LOL

xoxo
Summer :0)

Unknown said...

Oh so glad that your hubby is home with you, especially for your anniversary! Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

Come on girl, this was a text book example of an Army week...lol. I am so happy Malu is back in time for baby!!! And I know I have said this millions of times, but you two are so cute together!

Tanya said...

Happy Anniverysary! I'm so happy for you & glad Malu is home safely!!! Y'all made me teary because I know what that feeling of homecoming is like!!! *hugs* to you, Mama!!

Sabrina said...

yay!!! I'm in tears! What a wonderful surprise for both of you!!!! So happy for you!!

Lorilynne said...

That's so exciting! This post totally made me cry; so happy for you!!

Jessica said...

Here it is!! This is AWESOME!! The best news ever! I love how you turned his surprise around on him :)

My heart is just pattering away with happiness for the both of you!! Happy Anniversary!

Misty said...

So incredible!

Tori Bella said...

Squee!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved