It's been a long week and a long day, and I am exhausted. As a matter of fact, when I finally got home from work today, I crashed on the couch only to wake up about an hour ago to take the dogs for a walk. Craziness!
Before Friday is officially over here in El Paso, I wanted to squeeze Lauren's Fill in the Blank Friday in!
Today's theme is all about traveling, which is so appropriate for all the summer vacationing going on. Oh, how I wish I was on a vacation of my own! But those of you who have visited my blog before know what to do....if you want to participate cut, paste and answer these questions in into a blog post of your own and head over to Lauren's blog to get linked up!
1. My dream vacation would be going to Greece with either my husband or my best girlfriends. I've been dying to go to Greece ever since the Olympics and reading the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" series!
2. The best trip I've ever taken was to Europe in the summer of 2005. My best friend Chrissy and I spent our R&R from Iraq visiting Germany, Italy, and France. We lodged at Garmisch and took the Eurail from there. It was the best ever! And I can't believe I'll be going to Europe to live! I wish I could post a picture or two of the trip, but they're on a disc at my house.
3. The most important items to take on a road trip are a cooler full of drinks and your favorite snacks and foods, some magazines/books, a GPS, and a car safety kit complete with flares, blankets, tools, and jump cables. Seriously, Malu made sure I got one of those bad boys a long time ago!
4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is taking Vaiosina to meet all of her family in Colorado, Utah, Hawaii and Samoa. Malu and I are planning to do this after he gets back from Iraq in the fall.
5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to on a long trip it would be a mix CD with our favorites--island music, some Top 40, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, etc. We both like to bring music that we can sing to.
6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was locking my keys in the trunk of our Jeep on the way back from a trip to Colorado. It was not long before I left for Iraq--around last October. I was alone and at a rest stop 150 miles from El Paso. I had to call USAA's roadside assistance to come to unlock the car. The closest locksmith they could find me was in Alberquerque, NM--two hours away from the rest stop I was at. It was late afternoon, around 3:30 and not too much longer from sunset. Thank goodness it wasn't too cold, but all I had on me was a towel, pants, a t-shirt and hoodie and my cell phone, which I was also relieved to have. It was so scary being the only one there at times, with the exception of a few questionable truckers. And once the locksmith got there, the Jeep was unlocked in 2 minutes and off I went.
7. My favorite traveling memory is going cross-country zillions of times with my mom, dad, brother and sister. We drove from post to post rather than fly and have been to over half the 50 States.
Hope you guys have a great weekend and if you're traveling...may God be with you and your families and keep you safe until you return home!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
We just got back from Greece about a week ago! You will LOVE it when you make it there. I already am planning on going back! The food, the weather, the view, the colors.. everything is just amazing!
Your trips sounds amazing!! I would love to go to Europe!
Post a Comment