Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Five

Woo hoo!  It's Thursday and I haven't done my Thursday Five in a while!

If you've never done it before...you're supposed to blog about five things about this week that have made you..
Happy, Joyous, Giggly, Lucky, or Thankful and then head on over to Mrs. Gambizzle's blog, Life as a Sailor's Girl, to get linked up to all the other participants!

1)  Baby V is napping right now.  That's always something to be happy about.  It just gives me some time to relax and unwind--and to update my blog, which I feel like I've been slacking on lately!

2)  I just became a new follower of Colleen's blog, Shibley Smiles.  What a great blog!  It just so happens that she's doing a giveaway for $40 towards a Halloween costume on http://www.costumes4less.com/!  And it's funny because just yesterday a friend and I were discussing Halloween costumes for our kids.  And I'm just ecstatic that I actually have a kid to dress up this year! 

Anyway, I had to go to the website to see which costumes I'd like to see Baby V in.  It's a toss up among the following:


Of course you guys know that I couldn't go without finding a Lady Bug costume!  Aren't these all just darling?  Which one would you choose?

3)  OMG...Malu comes back next Friday. I'm also happy that, although he's in a training environment right now, all the Airborne students are getting the Labor Day weekend off.  Malu has duty for some of it, but at least they get to rest for a little bit.  It'll just be so wonderful to have him back!

4)  Two of my friends' kids are celebrating their 3rd birthdays this Sunday.  We're having a party at my friend, Laura's, house.  Now if I could just decide what dish I should bring?

5)  I stocked up on a whole bunch of stationery from Michaels the other day after realizing from Kimberly's Snail Mail Swap that my pen pal has way cooler stationery than I do. 


And what's even cooler is that these were all in the $1 bins! I even scored on two packs of recipe cards.  Too cool.  So bring on the next Snail Mail Swap!

Happy Thursday everyone!  Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love the $1.00 bins at Michaels! Will be fun to dress up the baby this year. Everything will be more special with her in your life now.

Karren said...

Those baby costumes are too cute!! I would have a hard time choosing one!

I love the $1 bins at Michaels! They always have cute stuff in them.

Unknown said...

Shopping for her first Halloween costume will be so much fun. Can't wait to see what she's wearing!

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful! I love those $1 bins..so far I've stocked up on all types of items there.. and the baby costumes are just adorable! I miss those days..lol..that's a great giveaway, hope you win it! Happy Thursday:)

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love all the costumes! And I knew you would love the ladybug one...gee I wonder why? But I also love the lion one. it is adorable.

Summer said...

Girlie I laughed about the Stationary because after Kim's swap I am completely out of the Summer Stationary so I went to Target and they had a ton of cuteness in the dollar bins so I have plenty now as well LOL.....

What cuteness in the costumes and how did I guess there would be a ladybug one....so precious.....I love the ladybug....even more so since that is what you really like, I also like the bee (Kelcee was a bumble bee last year) and that oh so precious monkey and the flower....ok I am no help I like all of them LOL

xoxo
Summer :0)

More Than Words said...

Oh, I can totally picture your baby in a ladybug costume!!! So precious! And I'm so happy that your husband will be home for the long weekend!

Dave and Ashley said...

I love the monkey - especially cause babies use their feet to hang on and grab you like monkeys do!


My photo
Welcome! I'm a thirty-something mom, Army Officer & Army Wife currently stationed in Germany with my Soldier and beautiful baby girl. I love baking, traveling, shopping, being with my family, and all things red and CHOCOLATE. The Army life is a crazy one and brings forth new challenges and experiences every day, but we are sustained by our faith as well as the love and support of our family and friends. Hope you enjoy following along on our adventures!



Better Together








4th of July (5) Airborne School (2) anna (2) anniversary (3) apron swap (2) Army (25) Army Wives (1) arts and crafts (1) asian pacific (1) Auntie Jewel (1) Austria (1) babies (1) baby (145) baby dedication (1) baby gifts (1) baby packing list (1) baby shower (9) baby stuff (1) bakeries (1) baking (1) barbecues (2) bavaria (1) beaches (1) BeautiControl (1) beer (2) beer festival (1) being sick (2) biking (1) birthday (7) black friday (1) blasts from the past (4) blog awards (8) blog design (1) Blog Hop (1) Blog Party (1) blog swaps (5) bloggy friends (3) books (2) breastfeeding (1) care packages (1) cars (1) castle (2) catching up (1) celebrity visits (1) Chester the Bulldog (7) chili cookoff (1) chocolate (5) Chrissy (6) Christmas (23) christmas card (1) Christmas Markets (5) church (2) citizenship (1) Colorado (2) Colorado Springs (3) cooking (2) cooking blog (2) corn maze (1) coyotes (1) crafts (1) crocs (1) D-Day (2) dance (2) dance class (2) date night (1) daycare (3) deployment challenges (1) deployments (4) diaper bag (1) doctor's visit (3) dogs (6) drink dispenser (1) Dual Military (3) easter (11) easter markets (6) easter tree (2) El Paso (3) england (1) euro (1) Europe (23) Europe Travel Flashbacks (1) fall (6) family (7) family visits (24) farewells (1) farmer's market (1) Fasching (2) father's day (2) favorites (1) festivals (5) Fil-Am (2) Fill In the Blank Friday (11) Finch Family (15) fireworks (1) first car (1) first week (1) Five Question Friday (2) flea market finds (1) Flip Flop Swap (5) Follow Me Chickadee Friday (2) followers (1) football (1) Fort Bliss (2) France (6) Friday Follow (8) Friday Photo Flashback (8) friends (34) friends' birthdays (1) fruehlingfest (2) fun with family (4) fun with friends (16) funny videos (6) Garden of the Gods (1) Garmisch (1) Germany (70) Getting to Know You Sundays (21) girl's weekend (1) giveaways (9) good friends (2) Grafenwoehr (3) grandma (2) grandpa jim (1) grow (1) growth (1) growth milestones (24) guilty pleasures (1) Hachi (1) Halloween (5) Hard Times (1) having fun (3) high chair (1) hobbies (1) holiday traditions (4) holidays (8) house (4) housing (1) Hunger Games (1) ice skating (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jim Caviezel (2) jon and jolene (2) Josh and Kim (1) Joy (1) karate kid (1) Ladies Lunch (4) lady bugs (5) Lazy Sundays (1) learning (1) locked out (1) lodging (1) London (4) love (2) love of food (13) Lucy (15) ludwigsburg (1) Manitou Springs (1) mardi gras (1) masks ludwigsburg (1) McCrillis Family (1) Meilenwerk (1) Melody (1) melting pot (1) memorial day (4) memories (1) Mom (3) mom and dad (8) Mother's Day (2) motherhood (2) movies (6) moving (1) munich (1) music (3) new car (1) new year (3) Normandy (5) Notre Dame (1) nursery (2) Old Colorado City (1) old photos (2) olympic games (1) ornaments (1) osama bin laden (1) packages (2) palace (1) parties (2) Patch Barracks (3) PCS (3) picture-taking (2) pinterest (1) poems (1) poland (2) pottery (2) potty training (1) prague (2) praise (1) pregnancy (18) promotion (1) pumpkin patch (2) pumpkins (1) PX (2) races (1) random facts about me (19) randomness (8) reading (2) Real Housewives of NJ (1) recipes (5) Regensburg (3) reunions (1) Rittersport Chocolate Factory (1) roman baths (1) royal wedding (1) Salamasina (1) Salzburg (1) Samoa (3) santa (2) Saturdays (1) Schonbuch Brauhaus (2) school (1) shoes (1) shopping (1) shutterfly (1) sick days (2) sledding (1) sleepover (1) Soldiers (1) Spring (1) Spring Bazaar (2) springtime (2) stone henge (1) Strasbourg (4) Stuttgart (23) summer (3) summer fun (4) summer leave (1) Sundays (2) Sunshine Project (4) surveys (3) sweets (1) Ten on Thursday (1) Ten on Tuesday (14) Texas (5) thanksgiving (5) thanskgiving (1) Thursday Five (17) toddler talk (1) toys (3) travel (7) traveling (16) Tubingen (1) tuesday tag-along (1) Twilight (1) Utah (4) vacation (3) Vaihingen (2) Vaimalu (82) Vaiosina (132) Valentine's Day (1) venice festival (1) Volksfest (1) Waldenbuch (2) war (1) weekend (5) weekend fun (2) weekends (3) windsor castle (1) wine festival (4) winter (2) wordful wednesday (4) Wordless Wednesdays (10) work (11) workouts (1) year recap (1) zoo (3)

Blog Design By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Designs By Krista

I'm In The...


I'M A MIL SPOUSE!


MilitarySpouseBlogs

Learn German!

Either scripts and active content are not permitted to run or Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.0 or greater is not installed.

Get Adobe Flash Player
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved