While Baby V is sleeping (in her car seat no less; we returned from our evening walk a while ago--and she sleeps so well in that thing!), I figured I'd try to knock out this post to quickly wrap up the Labor Day weekend. Boy, it flew by!
~Friday~
Went to the outlet mall with my friend, Jennifer. It was absolutely gorgeous out. About 80 degrees, no wind and hardly a cloud in the sky. It was just a great day to be outside and shopping of course! The sales were out of control. I walked out of there with bags full of baby clothes and maybe one or two things for myself. I have the feeling it's going to be like this for a very long time :) I'll be dressed in rags while I continue to get the cutest of outfits for this girl! I spent over $100 at the Carter's outlet store. In my defense, a good amount of that were gifts for two of my friends' kids.
~Saturday~
Spent the entire day at home with Baby V. This is the most television I've watched, like, ever. It's the only thing to do when you're breastfeeding every two hours or so. I've probably seen every season of Friends (all over again) and The Office (which I love). There were also some really good movies playing.
In the evening, I went over to Jennifer's house for dinner. Her mom made homemade enchiladas. Delicious! We also watched The Last Song. My second time watching it. It's a cute movie.
~Sunday~
Went to my friend, Laura's, house for her son's birthday. Joey turned 3 this past week and she hosted a party.
I absolutely adore this little guy. He's going to be a great big brother in a few months. Laura hit her 33rd week today!
I made a killer Baked Bean dish that day.
Here's the recipe, if you're interested.
~Monday~
Baby V is one month old today!
I almost hate the fact that she's already this far along. She's gotten so big! Today, we met up for lunch with our friend Katie and her son, Baby Gage. I met Katie through a mutual friend at work. When I met her and her husband about a month or two ago, she and I were very pregnant--only Katie was about 2 weeks behind me. Well, nature took its course and Katie ended up having her baby on the same day we did.
Baby Gage was born about four hours later than Baby V--and at the same hospital. And we got to visit a little bit during our hospital stays.
So Katie was so kind enough to send me an invitation to celebrate our babies' one month birthday at the Olive Garden today.


Unfortunately, neither child was wanting to be photogenic today, but what a great way to spend the lunch hour. We exchanged stories and anecdotes about our experiences in the first month of motherhood--and had quite a few laughs and I know I walked away with some good tidbits of advice. We plan on getting together some more! You know us new mommies need to unite! And thanks to Melissa for introducing me to a great new friend!
The rest of today was spent at home with Baby V. She and I took a very long nap together this afternoon. And now it's about time to wake her up to feed her and put her back to bed!
Another day closer to seeing Malu again. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He does his first two jumps tomorrow. You have to jump a total of 5 times to complete the course. And while it's all fun and a great rush, it's very dangerous. So please pray for his safety.
Have a great week everyone!








4 comments:
1) I love Friends and The Office, too!!
2) The best part of The Last Song, for me, was Will! I could have done with a different Ronnie!
3) Looove the picture of you and baby V!
4) I miss outlet malls :(
One month older already! wow..that time flew by! she is such a pretty baby!!
Happy 1 mth baby V! How is that possible 1 mth already?, seems like yesterday you had her...hmmmmm time flies! She is gorgeous in everyway and you look great too! :0)
Sounds like a great weekend! Carter's is so addicting and especially when they have sales, yup you will be buying all cute clothes for her and wearing your old ones LOL I have been doing it since Kelcee has been born and loving every minute of it!!
That baked bean dish looks amaazing and I love the dish it is in as well! The blue color is fab! Where did you get that at? I love it...
I love baby V's onsies that says Daddy's girl on it super cute
I love Friends too, and the Office
I also love meeting new friends, how great you guys had your babies on the same day, wouldn't that be super funny if they ended up dating in years to come? What a story ya'll could tell them how they had there first date at olive garden at 1 mth old LOL
Glad ya'll had a great lunch, I always loved and still do love talking to my friends about motherly things and getting tips and advice we are all in this together and it is so great to get different points of views on stuff
xoxo
Summer :0)
Oh my gosh, she is so sweet!! I love her daddy's girl outfit:) And how crazy that your friend had her baby the same day in the SAME hospital!!
Post a Comment