
I found this pregnancy questionnaire on Jessica's blog, Learning as We Go. She's about 16 weeks into her first pregnancy and I thought this would be a fun way for me to keep everyone (especially family) abreast of my pregnancy joys and woes on a weekly basis.
- How far along? As of today (as you can plainly see on my lillypie tracker above), my lil' bugs has been in my tummy for exactly 21 weeks!
- Total weight gain: You know, I really don't know. I haven't unpacked our scale yet. But the two times I've been to the doctor, with the most recent being a week ago, I weighed 166 lbs. But that's with my uniform and boots on. Not sure why I didn't experience any weight gain between those two visits, but oh well. I'm not really one to worry about my weight anyway.
- Maternity clothes? I don't really have too many pregnancy clothes. When I'm not in uniform, I stick mostly to my yoga pants and loose shirts--namely Malu's XXL USC sweatshirt. I do have two pairs of pregnancy jeans, which I love.
- Stretch marks? I already had some (very faint) stretch marks before I got pregnant, and now I can see them more prominently, which I hate. I lather up the cocoa butter like crazy though, so hopefully they won't be so apparent post-pregnancy.
- Sleep: OMG... I can't get enough of it, especially during the week. I make my money during the weekends. I pretty much roll out of bed during the week and daylight savings time kicked me in the butt big time this week. I usually wake up at 0615 to take Lucy for her walk, but I have not woken up earlier than 0730 this entire week. Poor Lucy has been getting rushed walks every day.
- Best moment this week: Hmm....getting the decorations and favors I ordered for the baby shower in the mail.
- Movement? I've been cramping a lot lately and I've been told that she may be flipping around in there. I feel her slide slightly every morning just as I'm about to wake up. It's pretty cool. I like to think that she's telling me good morning.
- Food cravings? I don't really have any particular cravings, but I have been craving more sweets lately...like ice cream and sweet, sugary cereals. Gotta have it. I do love carrots, salads, and fresh fruits. I bought a huge package of sliced fresh mango at Costco's last week. It didn't even last a day.
- Showing? Oh yeah. I'm starting to waddle a lot now too, as my soldiers and co-workers have so kindly pointed out. The only folks that don't think I'm showing are my family, because they only see me in pictures where I really don't look pregnant. My parents will see me in a few days and I'm sure they'll be shocked to see my belly!
- Gender Prediction: It's definitely a girl!
- Labor Signs? Umm no. Thank God.
- Mood Temperament: Oh my God, I'm a complete emotional wreck. For the most part, I'm okay when I am at work, but when I'm all alone in the house at night, especially when I'm lying in bed trying to go to sleep, I get extremely sad and have been crying myself to sleep a lot lately. The other day, I asked Malu to try to call me at night time (my time; instead of calling me when I'm at work during the day) because it would probably help with my late night breakdowns. Is there such thing as pre-partum depression?
- Milestones: Nothing really. Last week, I went in to the clinic just to get some blood taken for a triple screen and cystic fibrosis test. While I was there, the nurse let me hear the baby's heart beat again and it was normal (at 140). My mom will be here for my next OB appt, which is on Monday!
- Weekly Wisdom: Dear Self:Even though you feel like you have all of your energy back, you still can't go a mile a minute. You will crash. If you have a day or two that you are on the go constantly, just be prepared to be just about comatose on day three (I'm taking this one from Jessica. It's totally me!)
I guess I'm supposed to post belly pics on this thing too, but I don't quite have the courage to do that just yet. Maybe next week!







3 comments:
Love it! I hope you do that often during your pregnancy so we can hear what's going on. That's awesome that your Mom will join you at your next OB appt!
congratulations! :) cant wait to see the belly pic ;) i too got lots of stretchies when I got pregnant though I applied tons of lotion :( i guess its really about our skin's elasticity. anyway, thats part of mommyhood :)
following u from FF! Feel free to visit me here:
Life Can't Wait and Up Now and What's Next
Love love love that song you have playing! My speakers are usually muted so I've never noticed that before. My little feet started dancing immediately :)
PLEASE keep doing these throughout your pregnancy! I loved reading your answers and comparing them with mine!
Post a Comment