
It is a gorgeous Sunday morning here in El Paso! It's sunny and....there's no wind! We had a huge sand storm the other day, yesterday was nice but and still kind of windy. Today? Nothing, just warmth and clear skies. Lucy and I just came back from an invigorating walk around the neighborhood. Now, it's time for you to get to know more about me. If you want to participate, head on over to http://www.mannland5.com/ and get linked!
1. Why did you start blogging? My friend, Melissa, introduced me to blogging about two years ago. I was in grad school at the time, and loved her blog so much that I thought I'd start one. After all, I do have lots of stories to tell from time to time. I started out with just a cooking/baking blog, but then decided to do another one. Speaking of the cooking/baking blog...I need to get back into it. I've been slacking!
2. Who's the one blog friend that you want to meet in "real" life? Oh, I would LOVE to meet Sabrina at Superfluous and Tori at Tori and Chad. They've become really cool bloggy friends. I am happy to say that I will be meeting Jessica of Learning As We Go. Her husband will be stationed here in May. She's also expecting her first child, so it'll be fun to share my preggo adventures with her.
3. Why are you always concerned with losing those "extra 10 pounds" when chances are your husband/boyfriend/friends tell you you're fine the way you are? I've never really been that concerned about my weight. I'll make comments about losing weight, but it's not high on my priority list. Malu tells me I'm fine the way I am; he just wants me to stay in shape by working out and by eating well--and just be healthy. I guess if I was really concerned about losing weight so much, I'd do it for me and not anyone else.
4. What's the one thing you wish guys would understand about you? Not really concerned about other guys, but Malu...he understands me pretty well.
5. Tattoos. How many do you have and how many are visible when you wear your "everyday" clothes? I have one tattoo of a plumeria (Hawaiian flower) on my leg (more like my quad) and it's visible when I wear shorts (which I don't do often. I prefer capris.).
6. What was the best year of your life and why? I'd have to say 2007-2008 was the best. The Army sent me to grad school in Colorado, where Malu and I were able to spend our first full year of marriage together. We lived just down the street from my parents in our first new home. Even though Malu is gone right now, I must say that 2010 is a pretty cool year. We're expecting our first baby and I made the list to get promoted to Major sometime this year.
July 2008--Our First Home
7. Name three things you would do if you were a man for the day. Hmm...I'd burp aloud in public and not think anything of it? I'd put up all the curtains and hang up all the heavy picture frames in this house (I usually am self-sufficient, but Malu usually does these things for me) and I'd take the trash out (Malu usually does this when he's here, but it's all me these days!).
8. What's your alcoholic drink of choice that usually raises a few eyebrows? I'd have to say Long Island Ice Teas. I love them.
Happy Sunday everyone! Now it's your turn...give it a try!







3 comments:
It's fun to read those "getting to know yous" . I think Malu knows you well, and I miss continuing all of our conversations! I love you lots! Oh, and my alcoholic drink of choice is Kahlua and Soda :) which is sweet but won't get you hammered
I love that house you and Malu had. So pretty! Congrats on making the promotion list!
Congrats on making O-4!!! I know you'll make that gold oak leaf look great! ;o)
Post a Comment