.JPG)
She'll probably kill me for revealing her age, but my mommy turned 53 today! Actually, October 18th is her first birthday. Can you believe that she really has two birthdays? No, really. Her other one is on the 25th. How, you ask? Well, when my great-grandfather brought my mom and her siblings (there were 7 of them) to the United States from the Philippines way back when, he mixed up all of their birthdays when he the signed their immigration papers. It's always a funny story to tell.
We originally made plans at PF Chang's for her birthday dinner. Halfway through today, mom suggested that we stay closer to home (because PF Chang's is a long ways from here) and go to Dragon King, which is literally three miles down the road from my place. We all agreed that it was a great idea and cancelled our PF Chang's reservation. We'd definitely get more for our money at Dragon King anyway, and I must admit that the food is so much better. And it was! My Auntie Shirley and Uncle Tony joined in on the fun and we all left completely satisfied!
I'm thinking now that I should have taken pictures of the dishes. I ordered an almond chicken dish and my brother ordered the "Happy Family" which is just a mixture of vegetables, beef, chicken and shrimp. Delicious! Here we are enjoying our dishes!
Uncle Tony was able to get a picture of the entire dinner crew. Would you believe that this is actually a small gathering for us? And then another picture of the Ioapo crew!
.JPG)
.JPG)
After dinner, we all came here (to my place) for dessert (as if we needed any--we were so full!). Whole Foods has a tantalizing chantilly cake topped with fresh fruit. Okay, can you say DEEEEEEEELICIOUS??? It looks so rich, but the frosting is actually very light. It's a white cake with more chantilly frosting between its two layers. I know I say lots of things are to die for, but this cake really is! If you have a Whole Foods store near you, I wholeheartedly suggest you go there and buy this cake. Sure, it's about $25 dollars, but you won't regret it! Mom also walked away with a few good gifts, so all in all it was a wonderful day despite a last minute change in plans!
.JPG)
Here's to another year mom and to many, many more! I've been truly blessed to have your love and support both as a mother and as a true friend. I love you!
3 comments:
That cake looks so awesome! Glad you guys had so much fun!
Aww... happy birthday(s) Michelle's mom!
awww . . . i miss you guys SO much! : (
Post a Comment