I think I'm just waiting on a phone call from Malu before I go to bed. I may not be able to fend the Z-monster off any longer. I'm tired. I just wanted to make this post to let all our family and friends know that Malu made it to Kuwait safely. One of the first things he said to me when they first arrived was that there were three dining facilities over there. My mom got a kick out of that when I told her. "Typical Malu," she said. Those of you that know my hubby know that he lives to eat--not really to savor any flavors in particular, just to be nourished really. But the guy eats like five times a day and if he can't do that, well forget it!
When he called it was dawn and everyone else had gone to bed. But not Malu! He said he wanted to stay awake and do some research on the country at the internet tent. I knew he was trying to get acclimated and used to the time difference. If it were me, I probably would have been one of the first to hit the sack, but hey, that's Malu for you. He called later on today (just before he was heading to bed) to tell me again that all was well and that, unlike his teammates who went gallavanting to the movie theater, he went to work out, to eat and was ready to hit the sack. I hope he was able to get some rest!
Okay, I've got to log off for now. I'm definitely about to fall asleep! Tomorrow should be fun. It's my mom's birthday and we're taking her to P.F. Chang's, one of her favorite restaurants. I love, love, LOVE their lettuce chicken wraps!!!!
I Do Now
5 days ago







2 comments:
Glad to know he's safe. Give him our love! (you too!)
It's very good to hear that Malu made it safely there. And happy birthday to your Mom!
Post a Comment