Sorry for the late post on this weekend folks! Yesterday, I only had enough energy to update
my cooking blog, which you definitely should check out. Now it's almost midnight and I can barely stay awake to do this, but I'm forcing myself to. What a weekend it was! Anna and I spent most of it together. Since the both of us have essentially the same schedule from day to day, not to mention the fact that both of our sweethearts are overseas, it totally makes sense that we're together practically 24-7. I told her that she might as well make me a key to her house, since I'm always there either eating, studying or hanging out and watching television. She's augmented my TV habit by getting me hooked on the Army Wives show (even though I think it's completely tacky) and on the Office (very funny!). We sure do enjoy our time together.
.JPG)
On Friday, we planned a shopping day. She desperately needed a new wardrobe and I just wanted to tag along. Before that, we took the dogs to the park to play ball. It's sometimes essential for us to get Howard out of the house and zonked out by making him run and walk all over the place. He's as rambunctious as a puppy can get, much to Lucy's dismay. But they definitely have so much fun while out there chasing those softballs! Look at them, they are exhausted! After dropping them off, we went to Kohl's to take advantage of the weekend sales...and there were plenty. We were there for almost two hours trying on loads of clothes. I managed to walk out of there with just over $100 in merchandise and Anna about the same. Only buyer's remorse later kicked in and saw me returning about half the stuff this morning. Oh, how things have changed! Years ago, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Oh well.
The next evening, I accompanied Anna to a friend's house for a neighborhood Halloween party. She didn't have a costume, so I let her use the princess/queen/renaissance woman--whatever--costume I wore last year. I borrowed my sister's sock hop costume from last year so she and I looked equally dull against the more provocatively-dressed females (suprisingly, most of them were mothers), wearing their practically-lingerie costumes. Actually, there was one, very pregnant woman who was dressed as a belly dancer. Her huge belly protruded over her long skirt, while she donned a piece of cloth over her bra. Very scantily clad. I wouldn't have had the guts! Seriously...the best costume I saw out there was on this little guy:
This is Joey...the littlest, most adorable scarecrow you will ever see! His mom had a sexy Dorothy outfit thingy and was totally workin' it. But who's hatin'? Another costume that totally cracked me up was on this big guy:
.JPG)
Meet Dr. Howie Feltersnatch, MD, the Gynecologist. Kinda gross, but totally got a kick out of this one! And then my last favorite was the tired, stay-at-home mom, complete with bathrobe--one pocket had a diaper stuffed into it and the other, a stuffed animal. She also had streaked mascara on her eyes. Very funny!
.JPG)
All in all, it was a fun time and just what I needed to keep me out of the house and sulking by myself. Sad to say, although I really do want to have children, this party may have been one of the best forms of birth control ever. There were a zillion kids running around, ages 3 to 12. Take those kids + tons of sugar + tons of caffeine + tons of kids' games = CHAOS!!! It was out of control. Screaming and yelling everywhere!!! It was sort of entertaining.
Late that evening, Roz and I made some doggie biscuits out of a mix I purchased from Cost Plus World Market--one of my absolute favorite stores (a lot of the stuff in my house is from there). I'd originally seen the mix on a friend's blog, Mischief by Misty. For a few dollars, you can make your four-legged friend almost 50 doggie biscuits. Lucy just loved them and we had so much fun making it!
.JPG)
The rest of the weekend was pretty laid back and I am happy to report that I was able to get a full night's rest last night as well as a long nap this afternoon. I've been having problems sleeping lately, worrying about Malu's safety, so anytime I can get more than 3 hours of sleep these days is a true feat! I last spoke to him this morning and all is well. He and his team were waiting on a flight out to their operating base. I sure hope they were able to get on an aircraft and out safely. Please continue to keep us in your prayers!
Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone has a glorious week! And tune in to my cooking blog because I should be baking up a storm for Friday! Yum yum!
2 comments:
Sounds like you had fun! So, did you eat a dog biscuit? They're not bad, but rather bland. :)
I love that stay at home Mom costume. I could just walk out of the house right now and tell everyone I'm dressed for Halloween. Hehe. Sounds like a fun party though, and you and Anna look cute in your costumes!
Post a Comment